Calories per serving: 189
Fat per serving: 3 grams
Sodium per serving: 257 mg
¼ C green onions, cut in ¼-inch wide circles, including green tops
¼ C celery, diced
1¼ C yellow corn
½ ripe avocado, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 can (15½ oz) black beans
¼ C reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
¼ C salsa or taco sauce
12 (9-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
- When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to avocado mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.
*Serve with extra salsa on the side and some guacamole!
**Recipe adapted from the National Heart, Lungs, and Blood Institute