Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Key-Lime Pie

My birthday was earlier this month and one of my all-time favorite treats is Red Lobster's Key-Lime Pie.  It's just so refreshing and tasty!! Honestly, I wouldn't mind eating it everyday.  After looking at the nutrition facts, I noticed it had 580 kcals per serving, 22 grams of fat, and 450 mg of sodium!  I made it my goal to recreate a healthier version that is just as tasty! Try it out and tell me what you think!

Nutrition:
Servings: 12
Kcals per serving: 230 kcal
Fat per serving: 8 grams
Sodium per serving: 180 mg

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker crust
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
5 eggbeaters
4 limes, juice and zest
4 kiwis, cut into thin slices

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk condensed milk, eggbeaters, juice, and 4 teaspoons zest until it forms a thick, cream-like mixture.  Pour over graham cracker crust and smooth the top with a spatula.  Bake until edges are firm but center slightly jiggles. (around 10-15 minutes)  Cool for 30 minutes. Decorate with kiwi slices and chill for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment