Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

I would like to apologize in advance.  I have a feeling my blog will be bombarded with ALL THINGS PUMPKIN this next month... but what can I say?
I love Fall, the break in the weather, the trees changing colors, and one of my favorite melons (only second to watermelon) the GREAT PUMPKIN!

In this recipe I decided to be bold and try chocolate with pumpkin.  Interestingly enough, the flavors really flatter one another.  I was a little hesitant at first but it is definitely worth a try!

Nutrition:
Servings: 10
Calories per serving: 150 kcal
Sodium per serving: 130 mg
Fat per serving: 4.5 g

Ingredients:
30 Chocolate Wafers
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
2 egg whites
1/2 cup fat-free half and half
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a blender or food processor, mix cookies and sugar until finely ground. Add butter and applesauce.  Continue to mix until moist. Firmly press mixture in the bottom of a greased 9-inch pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.
Pour chocolate onto warm crust; spread.  Freeze until chocolate is firm. (5-10 minutes).  While freezing, whisk together pumpkin, egg, half and half, sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt.  Pour filling in crust.  Bake 45-55 minutes.  Cool 1 hour at room temperature.  Refrigerate 1 hour.
Cut, Serve, and Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment